old PC fixed

Carlo fixed the problem on his PC. He did it by running TuneUp Utilities ---> Disk Doctor. As far as I know, Disk Doctor is just a ChkDsk command on Windows with a little bit more features. And it just corrects errors on the hard disk. What could possibly be on the hard drive that can cause problems on the monitor? I tried reinstalling the drivers, to no avail.

The problem on his PC was that vertical lines appear on the monitor across the whole screen. At first I thought the problem was the monitor. But I tried switching his and JJ's monitors. Same thing. Then I thought, "it was the video card". I dismissed this theory easily. I don't think video cards can get damaged that easily even after years of usage. Then finally, I thought the culprit was the motherboard. I just knew it was the problem.

The whole point of the story is that I'm still not convinced that the hard drive was the problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Countess in Diablo II

Get your potbellied pig to mate